Saturday 12 July 2008

rolls plus @ dixon st., chinatown

Dang it! Here I am eating Jap again and I'm losing count of the number of times I tell myself to eat other things. I'm blaming it on all the Jap restaurants there are in Sydney (they just seem to grow in numbers!) and Jap food can be so tasty! Along Dixon St. (a rather new part of Chinatown), Rolls Plus very interestingly boasts 'the second best sushi rolls in Sydney'. Here's what J&I found.

With a sign saying 'second best sushi rolls in Sydney', we had to at least order one roll to check it out. I can't remember the name of this one but it was very, very average. Not much flavour to the rice (of which there was lots).
My citron tea. Love this stuff and was quite surprised to find it on the menu.
Katsu Curry. I liked this one! Not too heavy but full of flavour.
Exhausted (it was a Friday) and reluctantly posing for a photo.My order: Teriyaki Salmon with more salmon than there was rice (just the way I like it!)
So it seems that the 'second best sushi rolls in Sydney' sign was not to be trusted (I wonder where you can find the best ones?). Or maybe J&I should have taken that as a warning and not bothered with the rolls. Nonetheless, by comparison, the meals were actually quite nice and the bill at the end of the meal was more than reasonable. It did get a little toasty eating inside the restaurant (as they had the heater on) but on the whole, service was friendly, one of the chefs was cute and it was a nice place to wind down after a long week at work.

No comments: