Monday 27 July 2009

cafe centro @ rowe st., eastwood

It was 3pm, the plan was to walk to West Ryde and adventurous as I was about these walks which J has been getting me to go on, somehow or other we got lost and we ended up back in Eastwood for another afternoon of coffee and cake. I know J probably thinks I planned it out that way but honestly, we did get lost and even google maps on his phone couldn't get us in the right direction. We still ended up walking for about an hour for the exercise but just not as per the original plan which would've been close to a 2 hour walk all up.

Our venue for coffee and cake this afternoon was Cafe Centro on Rowe Street, Eastwood. The cafe is just outside the shopping centre and next to Commonwealth Bank. It's hard to miss with the seating outside but generally, if I'm here, I'll be indoors. I might have sat our here once but ultimately got too paranoid about the pigeons flying about my head. Who knows what is getting dropped into my food and drink?!

Anyway, it's nice and warm inside and perfect for this cold weather. It gets a little dim towards the back of the cafe but if you sit on the cubes in front of the coffee machine, you'll get the natural sunlight streaming in.
Lemon & Lime Tart.

I used to come here heaps when I was back at uni, whether it was to catch up with J before I had to head into uni, catching up with girlfriends, weekend lunches; I'm actually not too sure why I stopped going. Possibly cause there's so many food choices that have opened up around the area and where possible, I try to venture out of my suburb to try all the places that I get recommended/hear/read about. Nonetheless, I definitely recommend Centro's as a must visit if you're in Eastwood. It's a cafe with a great atmosphere, food is tops (but leans towards being pricey if you compare with the other food choices you have in the area) and I have to say, everyone who works here is extremely good looking! Seriously, check it out and you'll see what I mean.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes I find it hard to revisit places when there are so many other good ones around! :) How was the lemon and lime tart?

Stephcookie said...

Oh yep I've been here plenty of random times, it's definitely one of the pricey places in Eastwood and the servings are quite small but it's nice to sit there!

Justin said...

i just wrote about lemon bars the other day, and now i'm wondering if i can adapt that recipe for lemon & lime!

Betty @ The Hungry Girl said...

Haha. I want to go and check out all the people working there! lol. It's always great to find a good local cafe!

panda said...

nqn - the tart was lovely, just the right size to quench a sweet craving. i don't think they bake their own cakes there though...

steph - it's definitely a nice place to sit and catch up with friends!

justin - glad my post gave you inspiration!

betty - the boys are really good looking! hehe...