Saturday 28 August 2010

lindt cafe macarons

Since Adriano Zumbo's macarons featured on Masterchef, it seems like everyone can't quite get enough of them! The other week, we were doing the Bay Run (or in my case, the walk), we stopped by Adriano Zumbo's patisserie and the queue extended 20m down the road! Thankfully we bumped into one of my friend's brothers who was in the queue and said he would get some for us when he got to the head of the queue which saved us the wait. I have friends at work who live in the area and they tell me that the queue is always there; it's almost impossible to get into the shop! (not happy!!!)

Thankfully, there's a few more places offering macarons and one place which I think offers a consistently a good one is Lindt Cafe. Lindt calls them delices but really, they're macarons through and through. The flavours available are probably not as interesting as the one's that Zumbo offers but the thing is they're consistent and you can get your hand on a dozen without the 20m queue!

Mum has been scouting out macarons for me in the city. This is a box she brought back home one day.

I like my macarons with a cup of green tea (and well, sat in front of the TV watching the Food Channel on Foxtel, feet up of course!)

I've been trying to explain to my friends what the 'feet' is on a macaron - it's that rough bit at the bottom of each disk. See pic below. 

The salted caramel macaron is well worth trying at the Lindt Cafe. What came across as a surprise and which I now love is the lusciously pink Rose Macaron - give it a go!

And let me end this post and just say, I thought there was a difference between macaron and macaroons. I've had a go making both. Macarons use ground almonds whilst macaroons use coconut, and well that was how I understood it to be. Yet when I refer to my almighty Larousse Gastronomique, it calls macarons 'macaroons'! How very confusing! It's no wonder the topic of macaron and macaroons comes up so often at the dinner table!

4 comments:

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

I agree with your definitions as that's the way I understand the difference between them too!

panda said...

it's a lot easier to understand them that way. although sometimes my words slip and I'm mixing the two around in conversation!

mashi said...

these look really good, I'm tempted to get some mmm...

Spencer @ Moo-Lolly-Bar said...

I'll bet they taste as good as they look!