Monday 30 July 2012

chinese fried dough stick with kaya

I really can't help but be a snacker - the boy doesn't agree with it and says I should eat more at meal time but bad habits die hard. And well, despite the boy telling me one thing, he snacks too and introduced me to this somewhat unhealthy snack of his but by golly, it is tasty and makes for a great snack!

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place store bought Chinese fried dough sticks on a tray and bake for 5 minutes till warmed through. Top with a generous serving of kaya.

Kaya can be bought from most Asian supermarkets but if you're lucky like me, you'll get a jar of homemade kaya as a wedding gift (definitely amongst the top of my list of wedding presents!) It's a big jar too so should last me for a good while.

Probably not something to snack on every day but as a treat once in awhile, I'll say that it's ok. There's just something about combining sweet and savoury that makes this snack absolutely perfect!

No comments: