Sunday 14 June 2009

happy birthday chocolate suze!

Friday night; a hoarde of foodbloggers descended upon Wagaya to celebrate Suze's b'day. For those that don't know her, Suze is the author of chocolatesuze.com and also owner of 'The Biscuit Tree'. She has an absolutely infectious personality and the first time I ever met her, I was chugging down chunks of cake icing with her at the Lindt Cafe. We've been friends since then.

For me, Suze has been a huge inspiration to my blog and my previous musings on xanga. If you get a sec, check out her blog where she documents all things food - from her gummy jewellery, her gingerbread men, to the more recent blue chicken risotto - she's one helluva food fanatic!

So 30 foodbloggers, one private room...we somehow managed to squeeze ourselves in. I think Suze said something about the room fitting 20 so you can imagine what it was like. Oh well, all the better for getting to know each other a bit better and beat the winter chill!

I'm not sure who was looking after the food but whoever you were, thumbs up, you did a good job! There's a handful more photos but the following ones were probably my favourite. Here's the sushi roulette - so pretty yet one piece unassumingly holds a chunk of wasabi in it!
Daikon Chips - addictive like chips always are.
Deep fried salmon skin! Probably not all that healthy but oh well!
Just as I was biting my way through this one, Reemski (who was sitting to my left) asks the question of what the chewy thing in it was. The answer came from my right hand side; Leona tells us that it's actually mochi. It sounds bizarre but actually tastes quite nice.
Belle & I finally manage to get Suze over to our end of the table for a photo.
The theme of the night was for everyone to bring a mask. Without Suze needing to ask, each guest also came with a camera and these were whipped out even before the food got to the table. This is probably one of my favourite photos which capture the night.
If you were wondering, all the cameras in the above pic were aimed at these three.
We were seated around one big rectangular table. Unfortunately I didn't get to speak to everyone that was there but I did get to speak to these two quite a bit - thanks for a great time girls!
The b'day girl with her cake!
Thanks for the invite Suze. I had a great time and hope you did too! Great to also meet everyone else, if I haven't been following your blog, I probably will find my way to it within the next week! Great to finally put a face to a name!

12 comments:

ChocolateSuze said...

hee! thanks for coming dude! it was great to see ya again!

Stephcookie said...

Aww I missed out on the deep fried salmon skin. It was a great night though, glad that I finally got to meet you! Hopefully we'll get to chat more next time :)

Anonymous said...

Hee hee nice to meet you even though we didn't get to talk haha. Next time!

panda said...

chocolatesuze - great to see you too!

steph - there were dishes i didn't get round to either! glad to meet you and hopefully will chat to you more next time!

ffichiban - i know! there were so many of us. next time for sure!

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

wow.. looks so fun ! I really like the 3 guys from master chef..haha

and all that camera..wowowowowwww...lol

panda said...

beansprout - yes, i was overwhelmed by the all the cameras too!
anyway, i was at sweetness on the weekend and met chef gena - she started talking about you!

gunkii said...

Jenny!
It was lovely to meet you on friday ^_^. LOL love the photos I look like a dill!

I still have to post up my photos.. mmaybe i'll do that tonight ^_^

gunkii said...

Jenny!
It was lovely to meet you on friday ^_^. LOL love the photos I look like a dill!

I still have to post up my photos.. mmaybe i'll do that tonight ^_^

- Leona @ pigged-out

panda said...

leona - hopefully i'll catch up with you again soon! look forward to seeing your photos! hahaha...and i don't think you look like a dill!

OohLookBel said...

hi Jenny - great to meet you on Friday. Still shaking my head over yr office intruder story!

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

aiyo..what did she say about me? how crumsy I am? haha...

panda said...

belle - most people find my office intruder story fascinating! for everyone in the office, we're just over it because it's been going on for so long.

beansprout - gena said lovely things about you!