Thursday 10 September 2009

a monster of a feed

Whilst I'm generally on the lookout for a new place to eat, lately I've been revisiting the favourites and trying a few new dishes on the menu. One of my locals is Ribs & Rumps; my place of choice when I'm in for a big feed (and trust me, this place consistently offers a monster of a feed!)

We had a funny waiter that night and he was keen to get those bibs on us as soon as we ordered. It wasn't too embarrasing as it seemed that the waiter had done the same thing to everyone around us.
J was originally planning on getting a steak but the news that I was shouting that night convinced him that he would much rather enjoy the Ribs & Rumps Original Combo - a whopper of a feed that had both beef and lamb ribs plus a 250g rump steak.
I'm a big fan of their beef ribs but tonight I thought I'd try something a bit different and went for the pork ribs. Whilst tasty, I actually do prefer their beef ribs better (there's just that bit more meat!)
Since we first ordered the sizzling black mushrooms, we've been a fan.
I suggest making a booking if you plan to come here on a Saturday night. The restaurant is crowded with families, large groups and private functions but don't get me wrong, it's a great buzzing atmosphere and if you happen to come across the waiter we had that night, you'll be guaranteed an entertaining evening.

If you can restrain, try to save some room for dessert. They bring the dessert menu (in the literal sense) to your table and the cakes do look so good. So far I haven't been able to fit it in but I'm working on it!

2 comments:

ChocolateSuze said...

LOL at your bib! and man now i need ribs in my immediate future

panda said...

suze - get the combo. it's so worth it!