Sunday 2 January 2011

adriano zumbo cafe @ terry st., rozelle

First post of 2011! I've been busy enjoying the Christmas & New Year holidays and can't believe another year has come around already. The last month was a bit of a whirlwind starting from my birthday, then it was Christmas parties, friends being back in the country and catching up, a mini trip to Kiama, New Years Eve and of course plenty of food and drink along the way! Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year!

Couldn't decide where to start the year on this blog so figured it would make the most sense to start where I left off. It's been a good month since my last post and looking at my photos, a LOT of food appears to have been consumed along the way. 

My birthday breakfast @ Adriano Zumbo Cafe. I had the day off work and spent it with the boy traipsing around Sydney eating and eating.

 The boy's Berry Brioche.

The view from where we were sitting. Don't underestimate how long it takes to assemble a macaron tower - probably takes a good 30-40 minutes. Every now and then, I was tempted to knock on the window to tell the girl where she had left a gap but I think she had it under control.

 The boy was feeling peckish and grabbed a lamb sausage roll to top of his brioche. Loved the buttery and flaky pastry!

 I probably looked a bit stupid to passerbys but hey, it was my birthday and a picture with the Zumbo wall was more than appropriate.

 A box of macarons for the road. Do not leave these in the car on a hot day; ended up having a few melting macarons by the time we got home - all the more reason to gobble them up quickly.

I guess you would call this Part 1 of my birthday adventures. Plenty more eating that day and then the birthday celebrations somehow carried themselves across to the weekend and beyond. Anyway, posts to follow!

4 comments:

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

Yay, having the day off work and just relaxedly wandering whilst stopping for food is the best way to enjoy your birthday =) Best wishes from me and a happy new year to you too!

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

Happy birthday! What better start to a birthday than a Zumbo treat or two? ;-)

missklicious said...

Happy birthday! What a great way to celebrate ;)

Maria said...

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday! :-D