Monday 17 January 2011

cafe topiary @ rawson st., epping

I mentioned awhile back that I have that mental list of restaurants/eateries that I want to go (I probably will never get to the end of it cause it just gets long and longer) but it comes in real handy when when I'm stuck for a place to eat! One of the places on that list is Cafe Topiary on Rawson Street (just across the road from the Coles carpark in Epping) which has been on that list for over a year now and it was great to finally pay a visit. 

There's a small outdoor area for those wishing to catch a bit of sun but otherwise there's aircon and TV inside. The latter worked out better on this visit as the boy was keen to keep an eye out on the cricket score.

They serve campos coffee here but I'm finding it a little too warm at the moment for a hot coffee so had their Iced Coffee instead.

Both the boy and I found the meals here rather large. This was the boy's beef burger which comes with a rather glorious looking sunny side egg.

The Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado & Tomato on Turkish is really quite a treat but also quite filling at the same time.

Like I said, the boy was keeping his eye on the TV screen.

For me, the greatest thing about Cafe Topiary was the size of their chips/wedges. Here's one of the chips that was wider than my face! (As you can see, I'm easily amused!)

We were here for  Sunday lunch but the cafe offers a very extensive breakfast menu also. When I first read about Cafe Topiary, it was a mention of their breakfast menu so will need to work on getting up that little bit early to get in for breakfast. There were lots of people here when we were there at 1pm on a Sunday so suggest you get in early if you're keen to grab a table. Note that they do start closing off sections of the cafe to clean on a Sunday so you might get turned away if no tables are available.

5 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

ahahaha that is one giant wedge!

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

Don't worry, I'm easily amused too - I'm always trying to find larger and larger chips that won't fit in the husband's mouth! =p

joey@forkingaroundsydney said...

Giant chip! LOL

I work in Epping part-time and I didn't know about this cafe, so thanks for the post.

mashi said...

The chips do look good, beer battered? Seems like a nice little relaxing spot in Epping.

Jen said...

Funny you mention the chips coz that's what i was eyeing in the second pic. Not the egg, but the chips. They look damn good. Fab to know that they serve Campos coffee too!