Sunday 4 November 2007

happy birthday grace!

Very few people know this but Grace was actually my 'twin' back in High School. I'm not too sure why and it probably boggles Grace to this day but it all happened one day when I started calling Grace my twin. We definitely don't look alike (Grace being skinny as a stick), she's studious as ever and well, she's always had her string of admirers (which continues to provide me with much entertainment to this day). So anyway, an exclamation of wanting a twin resulted in Grace agreeing to be my twin and to date, that 'twinship' still lives on.

This weekend I was invited to celebrate my twin's b'day at the Singapore Heritage Restaurant in Surry Hills. There was much to be read about the chef Alvin Koh when the b'day invitation came through. Unfortunately, on the day, I only managed to catch a glimpse of his back before dinner and even at the time, I didn't even realise that I was seeing the back of a celebrity! Darn!

Situated on 423 Bourke Street, the restaurant is very conveniently attached to a carpark. Coming up the lift, the lift doors open up to the second level of the restaurant. The first thing you'll take in is the dark hues and terracotta warriors scattered on display. Only very dimly lit, you'll be amazed at the atmosphere that this little place offers. Lots of reds, black, beading, drapes, candles, clear glasses.... Actually you probably would miss this place if you were trying to find it!

My 'Cinderella' mocktail which Justin thought tasted like Baby food. Cause the restaurant was so dark and we had to use the flash on the camera, I struggled to keep my eyes open in the photos. This photo is probably take number 3.
The food is fusion Singaporean with chef Alvin Koh being quite a celebrity. Quite a yummy Chicken Claypot Rice!

Very very average. Chilli Soft Shell Crab Spaghetti. Spaghetti should never be served swimming in soup. Bad!
How we were seated, we literally had to eat off our laps! Jo had a more traditional Chicken Rice to which Justin exclaimed, I get that at home and it doesn't cost so much.Myself, Grace & QY. Girls I haven't properly caught up with in a long time.
Unfortunately, J&I had to leave early to duck over to another b'day celebration. And I find out today that I missed out on Savoy Taro Cake!! Anyhow, thanks for the invite my twin, hope you had a good one!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

hahaha... that expression on Justin's face is so funny!