Monday 11 February 2008

french riviera ice cream @ liverpool street

A very casual comment to my cousin Bernard ('There's an ice cream shop around the corner from here') lead to me taking the 7 kids (of assorted ages and sizes) to ice cream after dinner on Saturday. And well, I suppose I was also the one to say 'We're here anyway, there's 8 of us, let's go for the Maxi Sundae which serves 6-8 people'. In hindsight, we probably could've gone for the Super size which feeds 4-5; somehow or other in that brain of mine, I thought it was pretty reasonable for 8 people to eat over 20 scoops of ice-cream which came in the Maxi. Hehehe...

It took them about 10-15 minutes to get all the scoops into the bowl. See how happy everyone is to see the mountain of ice cream!
Some photos before we dig in.
The ice cream before we gave up. I must say, we did a rather good job with eating most of it.
Ice cream mush (courtesty of Cass and myself).
Eating that much ice cream after New Year's dinner is not advised. Everyone was so full afterwards that most of us could've been mistaken for being pregant. But hey, only $45 to split across 8 people; what a bargain! Mmm...they also have waffles, pancakes and various ice cream sundae/parfaits. Check out their website: http://www.frenchriviera.com.au/products.html


No comments: