Monday 11 February 2008

luneberger @ mac centre

I fell in love with luneberger when their first shop opened up in the city. It was good back then (I was interning up at Wynard) so whenever I had a bit of time, I could walk down to Town Hall station for a quick sweet fix. It was always so hard to decide what to go for; their croissants are scrumptious without saying, sandwiches are delicious and make for a great light meal and so many pastries and it seemed like everytime I was there, there was something new! Anyway, last year they opened up in Mac Centre (replaced the shop that used to be Jesters/ Shakespeare's/ Chillis - I'm not sure how many times they've changed hands!) And let me say, 'Yay!' so glad that luneberger is now so close to home! Popped by on the weekend and decided to sit in with J.

Choc Chip muffin (which could do with a few more choc. chips but otherwise pleasantly sweet and tasting like what a muffin should taste like). J's Pretzel which is arguably more tasty being that size compared to the ones you get from the supermarket. I'm arguing also that the fat bits taste nicer cause the bread is nice and soft :P

Had a coffee with mine. Would've preferred it to be stronger. J went for the hot chocolate.
It was pretty quiet on a Sunday afternoon; we were the only ones there for a good half hour. It's a shame that they didn't put more effort into the decor of the place for people that choose to sit in. They've gone for the very standard cafe/food court chairs + tables which I suppose don't really bring people in. Personally, I would be more inclined to grab something on the run (like I used to do at their Town Hall stall) and eat my goodies on the run. Anyhow, that's besides the story!

No comments: